This four-day course presents a review of the performance-based design process and its applicability to the design of fire alarm systems which also focuses on the computational methods used to implement a performance-based design approach to fire alarm design problems. The course covers the following two sections:
Session I: Applying the Principals of Performance-Based Design and Advanced Fire Alarm System Design
Session II: Computational Methods of Fire Alarm System Design
- Understand the process of performance-based design and how it is applied to the design of fire alarm systems.
- Illustrate basic familiarity with the computational methods
- Understand the nature and character of fire and the associated products of combustion.
- Understand the zone and CFD modeling approaches used to simulate fire phenomena
- Analyze fire hazards.
- Develop analytical skills for verification and validation of simulation results from fire modeling software
- Understand how to predict fire alarm system performance in the context of both prescriptive design and performance-based design
- Distinguish current technologies used to mitigate fire damage by proper design, construction, arrangement, and occupancy type of buildings.
- Distinguish current technologies associated with fire alarm and detection systems
- Knowledge of how to mitigate fire damage by proper design, construction, arrangement and use of buildings.
- Review engineering tools to assess the performance of smoke management systems and fire detection and alarm systems
- Understand the basics of design, installation, and maintenance of fire detection and suppression communication systems.
- Identify the factors that influence design and inputs from stakeholders and authority having jurisdiction.
- Determine suitable detection methods and technologies to satisfy performance requirements.
- Know the National Fire Alarm code NFPA 72
Fire & Safety Fire Engineers
A LEADER IN Fire and safety management
At SITC, From individuals gaining professional qualifications by attending our training courses to companies implementing global, enterprise-wide compliance programs, we have a range of services that can help you.