Disaster's Preparedness and Management Course
A 5-day Crises Preparedness and Management Course aims to develop and further enhance the knowledge and management skills of those involved in the preparation, response, mitigation and management of various types of disasters, both natural and Man-Made, that might occur in parts of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This course is made to target planning and management personnel representing various government and private sector agencies likely to participate in the preparation, response, mitigation and control activities in the case of disasters and have an active role in the Crises Management Center.
- Introduction to disasters
- Types of disasters
- The top 20 disasters in the past decade
- The disaster management principle
- Phases of disaster management
- Preparing for a disaster
- The planning process
- Sources of information
- Risk identification
- Probabilities and vulnerability
- Management priorities
- Preparing the society
- Resource identification & procurement
- Role’s assignments
- Preparation success factors
- Involved Agencies
- The Team-Work approach
- Reasons for success & failure
- The Unified Command structure & principles
- The Decision-Making mechanism within UC
- The Crises Management Center (CMC)
- CMC member’s roles & responsibilities
- The command structure functions;
- Course Summary
The course will be delivered in both Arabic and English languages, using a mix of various training aids to include power-point presentations, videotaped training materials and scenario based group discussions.
A LEADER IN Fire and safety management
At SITC, From individuals gaining professional qualifications by attending our training courses to companies implementing global, enterprise-wide compliance programs, we have a range of services that can help you.