Dealing with high-rise fires
This 3-day course aims to prepare fire officers and their crews to deal with fires at high rises where the challenge of large spaces, large number of people and the vertical fire spread makes such incidents a very challenging one. Huge number of firefighters, fire equipment including hundreds of self contained breathing apparatuses and long hose lays constitute another logistical and manpower demanding situation.
- Introduction to high rise structures
- High rise associated challenges
- Duties & responsibilities of the first arriving teams & officers
- High rise associated systems & their use during fires
- command positions at high rise incidents
- Search & rescue tactics at high rises
- The role of Base, staging, lobby and forward operational teams
- Duties & responsibility of support teams including RITS, Re-hab, EMT and evacuation teams.
- Dealing with extended high rise operations
A LEADER IN Fire and safety management
At SITC, From individuals gaining professional qualifications by attending our training courses to companies implementing global, enterprise-wide compliance programs, we have a range of services that can help you.